Ingredients: (Hint: to make for two just double the ingredients)
- 3/4 Cup Plain Flour
- 1/8 Teaspoon salt
- 1/2 Teaspoon baking powder
- Small knob of butter (approximately one tablespoon)
- 2 tablespoons water
Directions: (Hint: Prepare the mix at home and store in an airtight container or Ziploc bag.)
- Measure the flour, salt, and baking powder into a bowl and stir thoroughly to mix.*
- Add water and butter to a small bowl, heat in microwave or in a pan to melt.
- Pour the melted butter and water over the flour mixture and stir it in.
- Sprinkle some flour on a flat surface and empty the dough onto it.
- Knead the dough gently for a few minutes and shape it into a flat circle approximately 3/4 to 1 inch thick. (or however thick you like it)
- Grease a frying pan with olive oil or butter, cook over medium heat for around 15 minutes for each side.
- The Bannock can also be baked in the oven at home. Place it on a greased baking sheet for 25/30 minutes; 350 degrees F or 175 degrees C.
- Allow to cool and enjoy 🙂 (Hint: Goes great with camp stew’s.)
*You can also add a handful of nuts, raisins, berries or whole grains for extra taste. 🙂
Be safe out there.